- TRUMP & THE THIRD TEMPLE. WHITE HOUSE EVANGELICALS UNITE WITH JEWS IN ISRAEL.
- JERUSALEM & BIBLE PROPHECY
- [Ednote: The quotation is a combination of Scripture verses which includes a Bible Change. Originally it read that the lion will lie with the lamb, not the wolf.]
- SavingHealthMinistries [SDA] – May 16, 2019 – One year following the opening of the U.S. embassy in Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, leaders from the White House Faith Initiative, along with Evangelical and Latin American leaders, gathered in Israel’s Knesset to promote relations between Christians and Jews, as well as the US, Latin America and Israel. The group of 120 also included Pastor Jim and Rosemary Garlow (the niece of Oskar Schindler),
- Members of Knesset from the Likud and Blue and White parties, Rabbis and Jewish leaders. Representing the sixth Schindler Society Knesset Bible Study and co-sponsored by Israel365, Knesset Member Keren Barak (Likud) hosted the Monday session. Barak thanked U.S. President Donald Trump for “staying next to Israel as an ally and friend,” calling the U.S.-Israel bond “strong and unbreakable.”
- She also thanked him for his recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s eternal capital and for setting the example for other countries to move their embassies, including various Latin American countries. Ralph Reed, founder of the Christian Coalition and member of the White House Faith Initiative, expressed the “strong solidarity of the evangelical Christian community in the United States with the State of Israel and the Jewish people.” He told Breaking Israel News, “We believe that exercising our own faith requires and calls us to defend the Jews and to stand with Israel and we are privileged to be here at an inflection point in the modern history of Israel,” referring to Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu’s current task of organizing a new government. “We are meeting with Knesset members in the immediate aftermath of a highly competitive election,” he said.
“In addition,” Reed continued, “we anticipate that the U.S. will unveil a peace plan very soon, so this is an ideal and strategic time for us to express on behalf of 60 million U.S. evangelicals that we are totally and unalterably committed to the security and peace for the State of Israel.”
Michele Bachmann, former U.S. Congresswoman and co-chair of the Jerusalem Prayer Breakfast, said it was an “honor” to be in the Knesset with “Rabbis who understand the profound influence of the Bible and the word of God and impact on Israel, the Jewish people and the world.” She
- expressed her gratitude for “sharing the truths of the Bible with us,” which she said, “brings about a greater foundation of unity.”
While Jews and Christians are theologically different, Bachmann told Breaking Israel News, “We have no divergence of ultimate interest because our shared interest is glorification and peace under a holy God. Faith transcends our political differences and if we humble ourselves to realize there that we are the living creation and likeness of the God who made us, if we have that starting point, that is our unity.”
Rosemary Schindler-Garlow referenced the Biblical prophecy of nations streaming to Jerusalem to learn Torah, saying, “Us, the nations and White house leaders, have come to be instructed by you in the Israeli Knesset. We unite in the purpose of bring Biblical principles to governance, to address rising anti-Semitism and to stand strongly with Israel and Jewish people,” she said, adding, “We are committed to being defenders of this land.”
The next step prophecy to be fulfilled, said Weisz is to build the third temple and for an “era of peace on earth where the wolf will lie with the lamb and we will beat our plowshares into pruning hooks.” Those who believe Scripture contains a literal fulfillment of the biblical covenants for the Jewish people and the Land of Israel recognize rebuilding the Temple is part of this promised future. There are no more Bible prophecies to be fulfilled in literal Israel or Jerusalem. The Third Temple will be in heaven.
Christian Leaders Petition Congress: Oppose Equality Act, Defend Religious Liberty, Sanctity of Life, says Family Research Council
WASHINGTON, Last night, twenty-one prominent Christian leaders delivered a letter to Republican and Democratic leadership in the U.S. House and U.S. Senate, opposing the poorly-named Equality Act (H.R. 5) is scheduled for a vote in the U.S. House of Representatives on Friday, May 17. The pastors and evangelical leaders who initially signed the letter include: Tony Perkins, Michele Bachmann, Paul Blair, Stephen Broden, Carter Conlon,
- James Dobson, Jim Garlow, Franklin Graham, Jack Graham, Jack Hibbs, Harry Jackson, Jr., Robert Jeffress, Guillermo Maldonado, Eric Metaxas, Robert Morris, Ramiro Peña, Everett Piper, Ralph Reed, James Robison, Todd Wager, and Tim Wildmon.
White House Faith Leaders Unite with Evangelicals in Israel’s Knesset. Trump & The Third Temple. [Ednote: The YouTube was created by a member of the SDA Church and portrays some of their prophecies.] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vRTilLUdWA
- DIVIDING JERUSALEM: MAJOR LEAK! PEACE DEAL OF THE CENTURY
REVELATIONCHAPTER12dotCOM – May 8, 2019 –
- US KEEPS RAISING IRAN PRESSURE, BUT TO WHAT END?
By Shaun TANDON – Washington (AFP) May 9, 2019
- One year after President Donald Trump bolted from the Iran nuclear deal, the United States is ratcheting up pressure on Tehran nearly by the day, from expanding sanctions to deploying B-52 bombers.
- But even if the US campaign has succeeded in causing economic suffering in Iran, the broader objectives remain vague, with no clear end-game on how to wind down tensions that have raised fears of war.
- Iran — which for the past year has made a point of steadfastly complying with the multinational nuclear accord negotiated under then president Barack Obama — on Wednesday’s anniversary said it would stop observing some limits set by the deal.
- Voicing frustration, President Hassan Rouhani appealed to European powers — which still back the agreement — to do more to allow trade so Iran feels the benefits of the agreement.
- The Trump administration has relentlessly pursued a campaign of “maximum pressure,” on Wednesday vowing to stop all of Iran’s steel and mineral exports — after already threatening to punish any country that buys its top product, oil. Cont’d: http://www.spacewar.com/reports/US_keeps_raising_Iran_pressure_but_to_what_end_999.html
- THE JEWISH LAW THAT REMOVES FREE SPEECH IN AMERICA & WORLDWIDE
- May 9, 2019 – Kimberly Rogers-Brown – The Jerusalem Report
This week – A short analysis of President Trump’s newly leaked alleged peace plan. We’ll take a look at what one Oxford professor had to say about the aliens. But first, an indepth look at a foundational doctrine of Judaism affecting Americans and the rest of the world.
- DISCLAIMER! WHEN I SAY THE WORD “JEWS”, I MEAN THE CHABAD CABAL AND OTHER JEWISH LEADERSHIP AND THOSE FROM THE HOUSE OF JUDAH WHO SUBSCRIBE TO CHABAD’S EVIL DOCTRINES. I DO NOT MEAN ALL JEWISH PEOPLE!
- Thank you for listening! Kimberly Rogers-Brown – BeastWatchNews.com – Theme music by Mishkanim.
The Jewish Law that Removes Free Speech in America & Worldwide
>>>>Kimberly Rogers-Brown – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fnjm2Z0a0s
Discussing Judaism’s false doctrines is not intended to be an indictment of the Jewish people any more than discussing Christianity’s false doctrines is an indictment of Christians. YHVH loves all of His people equally and so do I. Still in the news this week: Negative speech vs free speech. Does stopping negative speech include curtailing free speech? It sounds like such a good idea to avoid negative speech, doesn’t it? Negativity is such a downer and so harmful, isn’t it? Well, that’s what we have been taught, but the answer to the question is “it all depends”.
The United States is caught in one of Judaism’s traps. How did the US get caught in this trap? What is the mechanism that has American Christians feeding out of the hands of the Rabbis? Which Jewish law is now being imposed on American free speech? Lashon hara.
How is lashon hara being used against Americans? By using this false doctrine as the basis for the existence of laws against Anti-Semitism and Anti-Zionism. Cont’d:
- NETANYAHU SAYS SITE SET FOR NEW TOWN ON GOLAN HEIGHTS TO BE NAMED AFTER TRUMP
- PM says planning has already started; site is reportedly in the northern Golan, cornerstone will be laid on June 10
By TOI staff – May 12, 2019 – Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that a site had been located for a new town in the Golan Heights named after US President Donald Trump, after announcing his intention to do so less than three weeks ago in honor of the US president’s decision to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the northern territory. A report last week said Netanyahu will lay a cornerstone for the new community as early as next month. Cont’d:
- TRUMP ENVOY: PA DISMISSAL OF PEACE PLAN HURTS ORDINARY PALESTINIANS
- Ahead of proposal’s expected unveiling next month, Jason Greenblatt urges Ramallah not to ‘continue on the road of rejection’
By TOI STAFF – May 12, 2019 – Image: Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas (R) meets with Jason Greenblatt, the US special representative for international negotiations, in Ramallah on March 14, 2017. (AFP Photo/Abbas Momani)
- The Trump administration’s top peace envoy, Jason Greenblatt, blasted Palestinian leaders for preemptively rejecting Washington’s peace proposal without knowing what it contained.
- “It’s terribly frustrating for ordinary Palestinians,” Greenblatt told Fox News in an interview published Saturday.
“I meet with them frequently, and this is the message they tell me,” he said. “They understand they may not like aspects of the plan but are upset that their leaders are saying they won’t even take a look at it. I feel terrible for the Palestinian people.”
Greenblatt said he was “hopeful for the sake of the Palestinian people that they get a chance to see it.” Cont’d:
- AMID US-IRAN TENSION, ISRAELI MINISTER FEARS TEHRAN ‘MAY FIRE ROCKETS AT ISRAEL’
- ‘Things are heating up,’ Yuval Steinitz warns as US aircraft carrier sails toward Persian Gulf; Iranian Guards chief dismisses US ‘psychological war’
By TOI staff – May 12, 2019 – Image: Iranians visit a weaponry and military equipment exhibition in the capital Tehran on February 2, 2019, organized on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Iranian revolution. (Atta Kenare/AFP)
Israel’s energy minister, a confidant of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, warned Sunday that escalating tensions between the US and Iran may lead the Islamic Republic to launch a missile assault against Israel. “Things are heating up,” Yuval Steinitz told the Ynet news site. “I wouldn’t rule anything out. Iran may fire rockets at Israel.” Steinitz added that Iran may also choose to attack Israel by activating its proxies, Lebanon’s Hezbollah or Gaza’s Islamic Jihad. “The American sanctions are breaking the neck of the Iranian economy, and a new and stronger wave [of sanctions] is still to come,” he warned, suggesting that the danger was unlikely to pass in the near future. Cont’d:
- HAMAS’S CASH COW ARRIVES IN GAZA
By JOL Staff – May 14, 2019
Qatar’s envoy, Muhammad al Emadi, together with a large delegation has entered the Gaza Strip through the Erez border crossing, He is there to coordinate distribution of 30 million dollars to Hamas to be used for rehabilitating the area.
Gazans are already lining up at local post offices in anticipation of receiving their shares
It is not clear if he brought with him the cash in hand, as he did in the past, or if he wired it through an Israeli approved bank transfer. The funds are expected to be divvied out in $100 increments.
Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has promised to give $ 480 million in aid to the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank. ”The Palestinian Authority will receive $ 300 million to support the health and education budget of the Palestinian Authority. The remaining $ 180 million will be to pay for United Nations humanitarian programs and electricity services (presumably in the Gaza Strip)”, Qatar’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said. Cont’d: https://www.jerusalemonline.com/hamass-cash-cow-arrives-in-gaza
- ISRAEL, HAMAS SAID TO AGREE TO SIX-MONTH CEASEFIRE IN GAZA
- Terror group will halt violence along border; in return, Israel to widen fishing zone,
- negotiate various improvements to civil life, Channel 12 reports
By TOI staff – May 20, 2019 – Image: Israeli soldiers stand guard along the Gaza border east of the city of Rafah in the southern Strip during Nakba Day protests on May 15, 2019. (Judah Ari Gross/Times of Israel)
Israel and Hamas have reached an agreement for a six-month ceasefire along the Gaza Strip’s border with Israel, Channel 12 news reported Monday.
According to the report, the agreement includes a Hamas obligation to halt violent incidents along the border fence, maintaining a buffer zone 300 meters from the border; an end to the launching of incendiary balloons at Israeli communities and nighttime clashes between Gazans and security forces; and a stop to flotillas trying to break through the maritime border between Gaza and Israel.
In return, Israel will once again allow fishing at up to 15 nautical miles off Gaza’s coast, enable United Nations cash-for-work programs, allow medicine and other civil aid to enter the Strip and and open negotiations on matters relating to electricity, crossings, healthcare and funds. Cont’d:
- JARED KUSHNER REVEALS DETAILS OF HIS MIDDLE EAST PEACE PLAN
May 16, 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsuLtsTeZVA
- US MIDEAST ENVOY SAYS ‘DEAL OF THE CENTURY’ TO BE DELAYED ONCE MORE
- Jason D. Greenblat says the Trump administration’s long-delayed proposal will not be unveiled after the holy month of Ramadan as was reported earlier but rather after the Jewish holiday of Shavuot on June 10
Ynet – US Special Mideast Envoy Jason D. Greenblatt said Saturday the Trump administration’s long-delayed peace proposal, dubbed “the deal of the century” will not be unveiled until mid-June after the Jewish holiday of Shavuot.
Last month, reports suggested White House senior adviser Jared Kushner – the plan’s architect – planned to unveil the proposal after Israel forms a governing coalition in the wake of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s election victory and after the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which ends in early June.
“One thing we won’t do, the Trump administration won’t compromise on Israel’s security,” he said in an interview with Fox News.
Greenblatt also spoke Thursday at a UN meeting meant to condemn Israeli military’s action during the latest round of cross-border fighting in Gaza, which left four Israeli civilians dead. The meeting – during which Palestinian foreign minister also gave a speech – was held on Israel’s 71st Independence Day, making it deliberately antagonistic, according to Greenblatt. “I’m not a believer in boycotts but in engagement … It’s outrageous to hold a meeting like this without addressing the attacks on Israel. This from a body who would not condemn Hamas several months ago,” Greenblatt said in the interview. Cont’d:
A TIMELINE OF TRUMP’S ‘DEAL OF THE CENTURY’
The Jerusalem Post – May 20, 2019
PART OF ‘DEAL OF CENTURY’ TO BE RELEASED ON JUNE 25, IN BAHRAIN
- It is not clear when the political part of the plan would be released.
By OMRI NAHMIAS – May 20, 2019 – Jerusalem Post
WASHINGTON – The economic part of the US peace plan will be revealed on June 25 in Bahrain during an international conference, the White House announced Sunday. It is unclear when the political part of the plan will be released.
According to a senior administration official, representatives from the EU, Asia and the Arab world, as well as Palestinian businessmen, will attend the “Peace to Prosperity” economic forum in the capital, Manama.
The conference will facilitate discussions on an ambitious vision for the Palestinian people and the region, including enhancements to economic governance, development of human capital, and facilitation of rapid private-sector growth, the White House said. “If implemented, this vision has the potential to radically transform lives and put the region on a path toward a brighter future.”
“The economic plan has a comprehensive approach that would allow Palestinians to raise the standard of living,” the official said.
He added that the workshop would focus on governance reform, “and on how to make the area more investable so that people will have much greater opportunity.” The official did not provide details regarding the political part of the plan. “We will release it when we think it’s appropriate,” he said.
- TRUMP TO RELEASE PART OF ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN ‘DEAL OF THE CENTURY’ JUNE 25
- May 20, 2019 (Worthy News) – The White House announced Sunday that the Trump administration will release part of its Israeli-Palestinian peace plan on June 25 and June 26 in Bahrain.
- The “Peace to Prosperity” workshop will focus heavily on improving the economic prosperity of the Palestinian people and the region. World leaders, including government officials, business leaders, and civil leaders will be there to share their ideas and discuss support for potential economic investments that could be made possible by a peace agreement.
- “I look forward to these important discussions about a vision that will offer Palestinians exciting new opportunities to realize their full potential. This workshop will engage leaders from across the entire Middle East to promote economic growth and opportunity for the people in this important region,” said United States Secretary of the Treasury Steven T. Mnuchin. If implemented, the White House said, the peace plan has the potential to “radically transform” lives in the region through the development of human capital, rapid private-sector growth, and enhancements to economic governance.
- “The ‘Peace to Prosperity’ workshop underscores the close strategic partnership between the Kingdom of Bahrain and the United States as well as the strong and shared interest in creating thriving economic opportunities that benefit the region,” stated Bahrain Minister of Finance and National Economy Shaikh Salman bin Khalifa Al Khalifa. Jared Kushner, Senior Adviser to President Donald Trump, praised Bahrain on Sunday for hosting the workshop.
- ISRAEL’S AMBASSADOR TURNS TO THE BIBLE
- May 21, 2019 – David Lazarus
In what can only be considered an historical speech before the world’s governing authorities, Israel’s ambassador to the UN gave a surprising defense for the right of the Jewish people to the whole Land of Israel-the Bible.
- The unparalleled presentation by Ambassador Danny Danon delivered to the UN General Assembly just after Passover a few weeks ago has gone viral on social media where it has been translated into numerous languages. In the 18-minute defense of Israel’s right to the Land, Ambassador Danon covered the biblical, historical and international facts proving that the entire Land of Israel, including Judea and Samaria, belong to the Jewish people.
- Quoting from God’s promise to Abraham in Genesis, Danon looked squarely into the eyes of the Palestinian delegate sitting across from him at the assembly, lifted his Bible high for all to see and said, “This is the deed to our land.” Danon then read the Bible in Hebrew, and then in English, from Genesis 17:7-8: “I will give this Land as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you.”
- Using the Bible to defend the Jewish ownership of the Land of Israel is an extraordinary move in modern political realities. Until now, Israeli politicians have shied away from turning to Scripture in defense of Israel’s claims. As expected, mainstream liberal media are reacting with scorn and rage, shaking their heads in disbelief that a government official, Israeli at that, would dare use the Bible in support of Israel’s right to the land. In interviews after the speech, CNN and Al-Jazeera hosts openly mocked the idea that the Bible would have anything to do with the Jewish people’s claim to a
- homeland in the Land of Israel. Danon, however, remained unfazed. “The Jewish people’s ownership of Eretz Yizroel (meaning the whole land of Israel) is well documented in the Hebrew Bible and beyond (apparently a cryptic reference to the New Testament). The entire connection of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel begins right here,” he said, again holding up his Bible.
- NETANYAHU LOYALIST REFILES BILL TO GRANT PM IMMUNITY FROM PROSECUTION
- Legislation sponsored by Miki Zohar would require that indictments against lawmakers be approved by House Committee, which he chairs, and by Knesset
By Raoul Wootliff – May 21, 2019 – Image: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (L) with MK Miki Zohar during a Likud faction meeting at the Knesset, December 7, 2015. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
A Likud ally of Benjamin Netanyahu has officially submitted legislation aimed at granting the prime minister immunity from prosecution, even as sources close to the premier deny he intends to change the law in order to prevent an indictment being filed against him.
- MK Miki Zohar’s bill was officially placed on the Knesset’s docket late Monday night along with 200 other proposals set to begin the legislative process in the coming weeks. The bill proposes that Netanyahu and any other MK would by default be granted immunity from prosecution unless the Knesset House Committee — which Zohar himself chaired in the last legislative term and is expected to continue to helm throughout the 21st Knesset — votes to strip the lawmaker of that right. The bill would reverse the current system: Whereas now, MKs must vote in favor of giving a colleague immunity against a coming indictment, under Zohar’s proposal they would have the power to block an indictment by refusing to approve the removal of MKs’ immunity. Cont’d:
- NETANYAHU ASKS AG TO PUT OFF PRE-TRIAL HEARING BY A YEAR, IS REFUSED
- By TOI staff – PM’s attorneys said to cite scope of case files, with Mandelblit inclined to push back July date only to September or October
By TOI staff – May 20, 2019 – Image: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, left, and Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit, in a composite photo. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s attorneys on Monday requested that Attorney General
- Avichai Mandelblit hold the premier’s pre-trial hearing on three criminal cases in a year,
- instead of the original July 10 deadline, Haaretz and Channel 13 reported. In his appeal to the attorney general, lawyer Amit Haddad argued that the defense team needs a substantial amount of time to study the extensive case files. Cont’d:
- RAMADAN RAGE 2019: JIHADIS MASSACRE 364, INURE 303 IN TWO WEEKS
- by EDWIN MORA – May 21, 2019 – Islamic terrorists have carried out an estimated 76 attacks in nearly 15 countries since the beginning of Ramadan this month, killing at least 364 people and injuring 404 others in the first two weeks of the holiest month for Muslims, a Breitbart News tally shows.
That means, on average, jihadis killed at least 25 people and injured about another 30 each day since Ramadan began at sunset on May 5. This year, the holy period is expected to last through sundown on June 4.
Breitbart News’ count this week covers the 14 days of May 6 through May 19. The tally includes a total of 768 casualties (364 deaths, 404 injuries) in 14 countries: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan, Kenya, Somalia, Libya, Mali, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Syria. Afghan Taliban narco-jihadis surpassed their Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) rivals as the world’s chief perpetrators of terrorist attacks during Ramadan this year, with 29 attacks that killed 146 and wounded 156. ISIS closely trailed the Afghan Taliban with 23 assaults that resulted in 105 fatalities and 132 injuries. The Taliban is responsible for 40 percent of all fatalities while ISIS was behind an estimated 30 percent.
- DROP THE CYNICISM. THE BAHRAIN ECONOMIC CONFAB IS A BIG STEP FORWARD
- Peace won’t break out after the Manama summit, but the mere fact than an Arab capital is hosting the rollout of Trump’s initiative is highly meaningful.
By Raphael Ahren – May 21, 2019 – Image: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (C-R) is greeted by Bahraini Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa (C-L) after arriving in Manama International Airport in Manama on January 11, 2019. (Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/Pool/AFP)
Analysis/1st US peace parley aims to help 1 side, and it’s not Israel
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (C-R) is greeted by Bahraini Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed Al Khalifa (C-L) after arriving in Manama International Airport in Manama on January 11, 2019. (Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/Pool/AFP)
It’s easy to be cynical about Donald Trump’s desire to clinch the “deal of the century.” It’s even easier to dismiss next month’s US-Bahraini economic “workshop,” which is billed as the first step in rolling out the administration’s much-anticipated peace plan, as a predetermined failure.
The Americans are planning a wedding but have forgotten to invite the bride, more than one pundit scoffed this week, noting correctly that the Palestinians are not interested in attending the Manama conference. It’s true that the event is unlikely to lead to a breakthrough in the long-stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace process. Peace will not break out after the June 25-26 summit, and probably not after the second part of Trump’s peace plan is unveiled either. Cont’d:
- MADONNA POSTS EDITED VIDEO OF HER OFF-KEY EUROVISION PERFORMANCE
After being criticized for quality of vocals, the pop star uploads a clip of her appearance fixed to be the way it was intended to sound; critics post comparisons between the two.
By TOI staff – May 21, 2019 – Madonna was widely panned for her performance Saturday at the Eurovision song contest in Tel Aviv, with many calling it pitchy and out of tune. That prompted the Queen of Pop from uploading the video to YouTube …with some minor edits. The video digitally fixed some of the worst moments of her performance, which had been rapidly and devastatingly critiqued. Even the Netherlands’ announcer, intimating that the
- singer was out of tune, made sure to get in a pot-shot, saying she was “thankful for Madonna’s autotune.” Cont’d:
- JERUSALEM HAREDI PROTESTERS FLEE AFTER WOMEN STRIP DOWN TO BRAS
- Ultra-Orthodox males demonstrating against Eurovision Shabbat ‘desecration’ leave scene rather that look at immodestly clad females
By TOI staff – May 21, 2019 [Image: Women who took their tops off at a protest by ultra-Orthodox men in Jerusalem on May 18, 2019]
Scores of police in Jerusalem backed up by officers on horseback trying to break up an ultra-Orthodox street protest Saturday got some help from an unexpected quarter — women who took their tops off, driving away the protesters, who are religiously forbidden from looking at them.
- Hundreds of ultra-Orthodox men and boys clashed with police Saturday afternoon, blocking traffic and attacking officers during a protest against Shabbat transgression by workers preparing the Eurovision Song Contest final in Tel Aviv on the Jewish day of rest. As protesters blocked roads beside an ultra-Orthodox area in the center of the city, at least four women stripped down to their bras, forcing the protesters to leave the area due to the prohibition against looking at women in dress deemed immodest. Cont’d:
- ISRAEL CONDEMNS TOP UN OFFICIAL FOR MEETING WITH HEZBOLLAH LEADER
by Algemeiner Staff – May 21, 2019 Image: Deputy Hezbollah leader Sheikh Naim Qassem gestures as he speaks during an interview with Reuters in Beirut, Lebanon, March 15, 2018. Photo: Reuters / Aziz Taher.
Israel on Tuesday condemned a top UN official for meeting with a Hezbollah leader in Lebanon. A day earlier, UN Special Coordinator for Lebanon Jan Kubis tweeted, “Grateful for an open and substantive discussion on a broad range of topics with Deputy Secretary General Naim Qassem of Hizbullah. On top I received a copy of his book — a necessary reading.” Tweet
Responding on Tuesday, Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Emmanuel Nahshon tweeted, “We are shocked and disappointed by this meeting with a designated terror organization’s leader, threatening Israel, Lebanon and the whole region. One doesn’t need to read the Naim Qassem
- book, courtesy of #Hezbollah terrorists, in order to understand this!!” Tweet
The Israeli military was more snarky, replying to Kubis, “Do you know what else appears to be necessary reading? @UN Resolution 1701.”
- WHO IS THE IRGC’S NEW COMMANDER, MAJ.-GEN. HOSSEIN SALAMI?
Despite US sanctions placed on Iran meant to pressure Tehran over its military activity in the Middle East and its ballistic missile program, Tehran is continuing to improve its missile arsenal.
BY ANNA AHRONHEIM – APRIL 22, 2019 – Jerusalem Post Middle East – With tensions high between Israel and Iran, the general who has vowed to “cleanse the planet from the filth” of the United States and Israel has been appointed by Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei as commander of the hard-line Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC). Brig.-Gen. Hossein Salami was promoted to Major General on Sunday and will replace Maj.-Gen. Mohammed Ali Jafari, who has headed the military force since 2007 and was demoted to the post of commander of the Hazrat-e Baqiatollah Social and Cultural Base, a cultural and educational division of the force.
“Considering Maj.-Gen. Mohammad Ali Jafari’s statement on the necessity of change in IRGC’s (top) command… and given your valuable experience and competence in fulfilling high-level management and various responsibilities in the revolutionary, Jihadi and popular institution of the IRGC, I promote you to the rank of Major General and appoint you as the top commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps,” Khamenei, quoted by Iran’s Fars News, as saying to Salami. The 59 year-old general, like most members of the IRGC is a veteran of the Iran-Iraq war and rose through the ranks of the organization, including serving as the former commander of the IRGC’s Aerospace Force. Cont’d:
- UAE, SAUDI ARABIA TO ATTEND US ECONOMIC PEACE CONFAB IN BAHRAIN
- Abu Dhabi ‘welcomes’ announcement of summit, highlighting potential benefits to Palestinians — who are staying away; Riyadh to send its economic minister
- By TOI staff and Agencies – May 22, 22019 – Image Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir, left, gives a joint press conference with Bahraini Foreign Minister Khalid bin Ahmed al-Khalifa, center, United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan, right, and their Egyptian counterpart, Sameh Shoukry, in Cairo, Egypt, July 5, 2017. (Khaled Elfiqi, Pool, via AP)
The United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia said they would send delegations to an economic summit in Bahrain next month, during which the Trump administration will roll out the first phase of its long-awaited peace plan.
- The UAE’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs “welcomed” the announcement of the confab and confirmed its participation in a statement carried overnight Tuesday-Wednesday by the state-run WAM news agency, which highlighted potential benefits to the Palestinians.
- “The UAE supports all international efforts aimed at supporting economic progress and increasing opportunities in the region, and alleviating the suffering of people in the region, particularly our brothers in Palestine,” the statement said. US Mideast envoy Jason Greenblatt said Tuesday that Saudi Arabia’s economic minister would attend the summit. “The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia confirms that His Excellency Minister of Economy & Planning Mohammad bin Mazid Al-Tuwaijri will participate in the Peace for Prosperity workshop organized by the Kingdom of Bahrain in partnership with the USA,” Greenblatt wrote on Twitter. Cont’d:
- UAE, SAUDI PARTICIPATION IN TRUMP’S BAHRAIN PEACE CONFERENCE CONFIRMED
- May 22, 2019 – Image: In this May 20, 2017 file photo, President Donald Trump shakes hands with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, (AP /Evan Vucci, File)
“The UAE supports all international efforts aimed at supporting economic progress and increasing opportunities in the region,” said its foreign ministry.
By JNS – Following an announcement Sunday that Bahrain and the United States will host an economic leadership “workshop” to “share ideas, discuss strategies, and galvanize support for potential economic investments and initiatives that could be made possible by [the upcoming U.S.] peace agreement,” the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia have announced that they will send delegations to participate. “The UAE supports all international efforts aimed at supporting economic progress and increasing opportunities in the region, and alleviating the suffering of people in the region, particularly our brothers in Palestine,” the UAE Foreign Ministry said in a statement. “The UAE reiterates its support for the establishment of a Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital.”
- FIREFIGHTERS ARE WORKING TO EXTINGUISH A NUMBER OF FIRES IN THE ISRAELI COMMUNITIES SURROUNDING THE GAZA STRIP, SOME OF WHICH WERE CAUSED BY BALLOON-BORNE INCENDIARY DEVICE, THE FIRE DEPARTMENT SAYS
- Palestinian media is reporting that the Sons of Zoari terror group has launched hundreds of these arson balloons into southern Israel from Gaza throughout the day.
- At least two fires in the Eshkol region of southern Israel were sparked by these devices, the local fire department says. One of them caused a large amount of damage to a wheat field outside Kibbutz Nahal Oz. Cont’d: https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-may-23-2019
- MASSIVE FIRE BREAKS OUT OFF 443, NEAR MODI’IN-AREA SETTLEMENT
Dozens of firefighting units are battling a massive brush fire outside the West Bank settlement of Mevo Modiin, just off Route 443.
- Firefighting planes are helping units on the ground struggling to control the several-meter high blaze.
Massive fire breaks out off 443, near Modi’in-area settlement
- Dozens of firefighting units are battling a massive brush fire outside the West Bank settlement of Mevo Modiin, just off Route 443.
- Firefighting planes are helping units on the ground struggling to control the several-meter high blaze.
- Authorities have begun evacuating residents of Mevo Modiin, Gimzo and Kfar Daniel.
- Route 443 is closed in both directions. Cont’d:
- ITALY, CROATIA, GREECE AND CYPRUS OFFER TO SEND FIREFIGHTING PLANES TO ISRAEL
- May 23, 2019 – Foreign ministry thanks countries for willingness to help Israeli crews working to contain hundreds of blazes amid during heatwave
Italy, Croatia, Greece and Cyprus are sending firefighting planes to help Israeli authorities after hundreds of brush fires swept across the country today.
- The Foreign Ministry says the planes will arrive in Israel tomorrow.
- “We thank these countries for their expression of willingness and commitment,” the statement says.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu instructed the Foreign Ministry to seek firefighting aircraft from abroad to help battle the hundreds of blazes raging across the country during an extreme heatwave.
- IRAEL BRACES FOR FRESH FIRE FLARE-UP AS TEMPERATURES SET TO SKYROCKET
- Help from four countries expected to arrive as officials warn brush fire outbreak could worsen with scorching heat and wind, day after dozens of homes destroyed in blazes
By TOI staff – May 24, 2019 – Image: Firefighters try to extinguish a forest fire near Kibbutz Harel on May 23, 2019. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
Firefighters were bracing Friday for a fresh outbreak of wildfires, with temperatures expected to soar across the country a day after hot and dry conditions caused a rash of brushfires that consumed buildings and forced thousands from their homes.
Authorities were reportedly mulling declaring a national emergency Friday over fire fears. Temperatures are expected to reach a sweltering 110º F (43º C) in some areas between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. The Dead Sea and Jordan Valley are expected to see even higher temperatures, including an egg-frying 118º F (48º C) at the lowest place on earth.
Adding to mother nature’s woes are fears of airborne arson attacks from Gaza, with Fridays typically seeing an increase in tensions along the restive frontier. Cont’d:
- KUSHNER TO VISIT ISRAEL AHEAD OF US PEACE PLAN ROLLOUT
- US President Donald Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is planning to visit Israel ahead of US peace conference in Bahrain next month, the Kan public broadcaster reports.
Image: US President Donald Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner, right, meets with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the Prime Minister’s Office in Jerusalem, on June 22, 2018. (Matty Stern/US Embassy Jerusalem/Flash90)
- US and Israeli officials are in advanced stages of the planning of the visit, that could come as early as next week. Kan says Kushner will meet with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu before unveiling the economic aspects of its long-awaited Middle East peace plan at the Bahrain conference. Cont’d:
- NETANYAHU CALLS TO CONGRATULATE INDIA’S MODI ON ELECTION VICTORY
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu joins other world leaders in congratulating Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on his reelection.
- “Narendra, my friend, congratulations! What a great victory! I hope that we will see each other soon, as soon as you form a government and as soon as we establish our own,” Netanyahu tells his Indian counterpart in a phone conversation.
- He tells Modi the “amazing results” of the election is “a testimony to your leadership.”
- PA TOP NEGOTIATOR URGES ‘ALL COUNTRIES’ TO SNUB US PEACE SUMMIT IN BAHRAIN
- Saeb Erekat says June conference where Washington expected to unveil economic aspects of Trump Mideast plan is sure to fail without Palestinians
- By TOI staff and Agencies – May 25, 2019 – Image: PLO secretary general Saeb Erekat addresses the media following a meeting with diplomats in the West Bank city of Ramallah on January 30, 2019. (Abbas Momani/AFP)
The Palestinian Authority’s top negotiator, Saeb Erekat, on Saturday urged “all countries” not to participate in a US-led economic peace conference in Bahrain next month. The White House announced Sunday it would co-host the June 25-26 meeting in the capital city of Manama and is expected to unveil the economic aspects of its long-awaited Middle East peace plan, with the declared aim of achieving Palestinian prosperity.
“The conference will surely fail without Palestinian participation,” Erekat said.
Intimating that participating Arab nations were doing so only because they were beholden to the US, he said countries should not pay their debts to Washington “at the expense of the Palestinian people,” and urged them to reconsider their stances. Cont’d:
- YAIR LAPID SAYS TEL AVIV DEMO IS TO PROTEST PM’S EFFORTS ”TO AVOID GOING TO JAIL’ VIA LEGISLATIVE PUSH THAT WOULD GRANT HIM IMMUNITY FROM PROSECUTION, RADICALLY CURB SUPREME COURT
- By Jacob Magid and TOI staff – May 25, 2019 – Thousands of protesters gathered on Saturday evening for a mass demonstration outside the Tel Aviv Museum against looming legislative efforts by the incoming coalition that would grant Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu immunity from prosecution and radically limit the powers of the Supreme Court. Netanyahu is attempting to finalize deals with his likely coalition partners ahead of a Tuesday deadline, and is widely reported to be seeking their support for legislative moves to safeguard him from prosecution in three corruption cases.
- Tens of thousands of people were expected at the rally Saturday night under the banner “Stopping the Immunity Law — A Defensive Shield for Democracy.” The event was primarily organized by the largest opposition party — Blue and White — alongside Meretz and the Labor Party. Both Arab-Israeli political parties announced Saturday afternoon that they, too, would participate after an outcry over Blue and White’s alleged failure to include non-Jewish representatives among the speakers at the demonstration. Cont’d:
- FELIX KLEIN LAMENTS ‘INCREASING SOCIAL DISINHIBITION AND BRUTALITY,’ SAYS STATE OFFICIALS NEED BETTER EDUCATION ON TACKLING HATRED
- By TOI staff and AP – 25 May 2019 – The German government’s top official against anti-Semitism said Saturday he wouldn’t advise Jews to wear skullcaps in parts of the country. Felix Klein was quoted in an interview with the Funke newspaper group as saying that “my opinion has unfortunately changed compared with what it used to be” on the matter. He said: “I cannot recommend to Jews that they wear the skullcap at all times everywhere in Germany.” He didn’t elaborate on what places and times might be risky. Klein blamed “increasing social disinhibition and brutality.”
Germany’s main Jewish leader said last year that he would advise people visiting big cities against wearing Jewish skullcaps.