- AMID HOLIDAY SEASON, MIDDLE EAST CHRISTIANS FACE DESPAIR AND
- THREAT OF EXTINCTION
- While Christians in Israel are thriving, communities elsewhere in the region face ongoing persecution and hardship as well as the threat of extinction due to radical Islam.
- By Sean Savage – Iraqi Christians hold a procession in the Christian village of Qaraqosh in northern Iraq. Credit: Aid to the Church in Need.
(December 24, 2018 / JNS) As one of the three great Abrahamic faiths, Christianity has deep roots in the Middle East. Yet today, the region is largely devoid of Christians, and the small and ancient communities that do remain face incredible hardship and persecution. Their plight has become more well-known in recent years due to the genocide carried out by the Islamic State terror group, which swept through large swathes of Iraq and Syria that were home to Christians and other religious minority groups. Despite the success of U.S.-led coalition forces against the Islamic State, Christians in the Middle East run the risk of “imminent extinction” due to the “threat of violence, murder, intimidation, prejudice and poverty,” the Archbishop of Canterbury recently warned.
- ABBAS REJECTED BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN RETURN FOR CONCESSIONS ON JERUSALEM
- President Abbas told them: All the billions of dollars in the world will not make me give up one inch of the soil of Jerusalem.”
- By Khaled Abu Toameh – November 19, 2018
- IRAN DUPED PAKISTAN INTO ISRAEL NUKE THREAT AS TINY PART OF HUGE FAKERY CAMPAIGN
- Investigation by Reuters finds over 70 news sites in 15 countries, with Iran duped Pakistan into Israel nuke threat as tiny part of huge fakery campaign over a million online followers, have been disseminating pro-Tehran misinformation and propaganda for years
By TOI STAFF – November 30, 2018
Shiite Muslims burn representation of Israeli and US flags during a rally to mark Al-Quds (Jerusalem) Day in Peshawar, Pakistan, Friday, June 23, 2017. (AP Photo/Muhammad Sajjad)
An incident in 2016, when Pakistan’s defense minister threatened Israel with nuclear attack in the wake of what turned out to be a fake news story, has been revealed to be just one small instance of an Iran-based global disinformation campaign that has been running for six years and has included dozens of news and media outlets.
- According to an extensive Reuters investigation published Friday, over 70 news sites have been spreading disinformation and pushing a pro-Tehran narrative in 15 countries, as part of a widespread and sophisticated online campaign to influence public option all over the world. The investigation directly tied the sites to Iran, but not to the Iranian government itself. “They look like normal news and media outlets, but only a couple disclose any Iranian ties,” Reuters noted. “They have published in 16 different languages, from Azerbaijani to Urdu.”
HANUKKAH, PEACE DEAL & 3RD TEMPLE – RAPTURE IMMINENT!
- REVELATIONCHAPTER12dotCOM – Dec 1, 2018
- UN PASSES 6 ANTI-ISRAEL RESOLUTIONS IN ONE DAY, REJECTS JEWISH TIES TO JERUSALEM
- The U.N. passed six resolutions against Israel on Friday, preserving its reputation of being obsessed with attacking the Jewish State and rejecting Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem.
- By JNS.org – December 2, 2018
- The United Nations on Friday continued its streak of frequently condemning the Jewish state, passing six anti-Israel resolutions.
- The first, titled “The Syrian Golan,” passed with 100 votes in favor, 12 against and 62 abstentions. For a second consecutive year, the United Kingdom broke with the European Union to vote against it, joining the United States, Israel, Canada, Australia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands and a few others.
- According to the nongovernmental organization U.N. Watch, which monitors anti-Israel bias at the world body, the measure is “oblivious to genocidal massacres taking place now in Syria, and its security implications for Israel and the civilians of the Golan Heights,” and it “ignores Syria’s history of shelling Israeli communities, its leader’s calls for a ‘war of annihilation’ against Israel and Syria’s 1967 aggression that led to its loss of the territory.”
- Attacking Jewish control of Jerusalem Cont’d:
- ISRAELI OPPOSITION LEADERS DEMAND NETANYAHU RESIGN
Israeli opposition leaders called for Netanyahu’s resignation after police recommended charging him for bribery.
(Flash90) By World Israel News Staff – December 2, 2018 – Israeli opposition leaders Tzipi Livni and Avi Gabbay of the Zionist Union Party called for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s resignation after the police recommended that he be charged for bribery in Case 4000, on Sunday.
- “Netanyahu has become a burden on Israel,” Gabbay tweeted Sunday. “A prime minister with so many corruption cases around him can’t continue in his position and must resign.”
“A man driven by a sick obsession about what they say about him in the media can’t lead the State of Israel. And every additional day in his role does damage to the citizens of Israel,” he said.
- Tzipi Livni tweeted, “Bribery! Israeli police recommend an indictment on bribery against the prime minister. Netanyahu needs to go home before he destroys law enforcement in order to save his own skin. The nation of Israel deserve clean leadership. Elections now!”
- Police announced earlier Sunday that they’ve also built a case against Benjamin Netanyahu and his wife, Sara and recommended charges be brought against them for bribery, fraud and breach of trust. The case involved a quid pro quo where Netanyahu promised Bezeq owner Shaul Elovitch regulatory favors in exchange for positive coverage of his family in Walla! News, a website owned by Bezeq, Israel’s largest telecom provider. Cont’d: https://worldisraelnews.com/israeli-opposition-leaders-demand-netanyahu-resign
- ABBAS AT THE VATICAN TODAY TELLS POPE FRANCIS ‘WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU’ TP KEEP JERUSALEM OUT OF THE HANDS OF THE JEWS AND ISRAEL
By Geoffrey Grider December 3, 2018
The Vatican expressed concern over the status of Jerusalem on Monday as Pope Francis and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas held their first meeting since the United States stirred international anxiety by moving its embassy there.
- The number one enemy of the Jews and Israel is not the mythical Palestinian people who are really Jordanians. No, the eternal enemy of Israel is who it has always been, the Roman Catholic Church in general, with the pope in particular.
- “And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.” Revelation 11:8 (KJV)
- In the time of Jacob’s trouble, when the Antichrist and the Catholic Church will finally control Jerusalem, God likens His holy city of Jerusalem to both Sodom and Egypt. That’s how depraved and defiled Jerusalem will become in that time. It is then that the pope will reign supreme, albeit briefly, and the Palestinians will finally have control of east and west Jerusalem.
- So when Abbas today told Pope Francis, in a meeting about Jerusalem, we are ‘counting on you’, he knew exactly what he was saying and the pope knew exactly what he meant. Ye are of your father the devil, indeed.
- ABBAS, IN FIRST MEETING SINCE J’LEM EMBASSY MOVE, SAYS HE’S ‘COUNTING ON’ POPE
- FROM THE JERUSALEM POST: The two embraced and kissed on the cheek as the pontiff welcomed Abbas to a library in the Vatican’s Apostolic Palace for a private, 20-minute meeting.
“Particular attention was reserved for the status of Jerusalem, underlining the importance of recognizing and preserving its identity and the universal value of the holy City for the three Abrahamic religions,” a Vatican statement said, referring to Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. Cont’d:
- U.N. REJECTS U.S.-LED RESOLUTION CONDEMNING HAMAS’ ATTACKS ON ISRAELI CIVILIANS
- By The Editor – December 7, 2018
The United Nations General Assembly failed to pass a U.S. sponsored draft resolution that would have condemned the terror group Hamas for the first time in history.
- The resolution needed a two-thirds majority of the 193-member body to pass Thursday. Eighty-seven countries voted in favor, 57 opposed, and 33 abstained.
- Usually, the resolution would only need a simple majority to pass, but Arab nations led a successful vote before the official vote on the resolution to require a two-thirds majority for approval. Israel’s Ambassador Danny Danon told the assembly the vote had been hijacked by the procedural maneuver. “Your silence in the face of evil reveals your true color,” he said.
Before the vote, U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley urged the nations to make history by finally condemning “one of the most obvious and grotesque cases of terrorism in the world.” Cont’d:
AUSTRALIA RECOGNIZES WEST JERUSALEM AS ISRAEL’S CAPITAL
- PM Scott Morrison says embassy won’t move from Tel Aviv until peace is achieved, but country will establish a defense and trade office in Jerusalem
By AGENCIES and TOI STAFF – December 15, 2018 – video
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison declares West Jerusalem to be Israel’s capital, Sydney, December 15, 2018. (Screen grab via ABC News)
Australia on Saturday officially recognized West Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said, but a contentious embassy shift from Tel Aviv will not occur until a peace settlement is achieved. “The Australian government has decided that Australia now recognizes West Jerusalem, as the seat of the Knesset and many of the institutions of government, is the capital of Israel,” he said. He said the decision respects both a commitment to a two-state solution and longstanding respect for relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
- Morrison also committed to recognizing the aspirations for a future state of Palestine with East Jerusalem as its capital when the city’s status is determined in a peace deal. Cont’d:
- ISRAEL AND SYRIA EXCHANGE MISSILES; IDF DENIES MISSILES FIRED, NETANYAHU AND OTHER OFFICIALS RECOMMENDED INDICTED AS AS UN PASSES ANTI-ISRAEL RESOLUTIONS
- By Aaron Kesel Dec 16, 2018
- Tensions are rising again between Israel and Syria as the two countries have exchanged missile fire over the past 24 hours. According to The Jerusalem Post, an IDF Spokesperson confirmed that Israel’s air defense system identified a single Syrian surface-to-air missile that fell into Golan Heights after the Syrian regime stated it had downed “hostile targets” over the southern part of the country.
- However, the spokesperson denied that Israel had struck an Iranian base in Syria despite several reports indicating an attack had taken place against Iranian militia. Alleged video of the incident uploaded to Twitter reported by Newsweek, has been purged as Twitter suspended the account.
- HALEY: TRUMP’S PEACE PLAN RECOGNIZES NEW MIDEAST REALITIES
“It is time we faced a hard truth – both sides would benefit greatly from a peace agreement, but the Palestinians would benefit more, and the Israelis would risk more,” Haley acknowledged.
- By Barney Breen-Portnoy, The Algemeiner – December 18, 2018
- The Israeli-Palestinian peace plan set to be unveiled by the Trump administration will “be different from all previous ones,” US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley said on Tuesday, in remarks delivered at her final appearance at the Security Council’s monthly meeting on the Middle East.
- Haley, who will leave her post at the end of December following a nearly two-year stint at the UN, did not reveal specific details of the proposal – which she said she had read – or a roll-out timeline. Instead, speaking in generalities, she claimed the plan “embraces the reality that things can be done today that were previously unthinkable.” Cont’d:
- TURKEY DETERMINED TO PUSH EAST OF EUPHRATES ‘ AS SOON AS POSSIBLE’
- Dec. 25, 2018 – By Sarah Dadouch and Gulsen Solaker
ISTANBUL (Reuters) – Turkey is determined to cross to the east of the Euphrates river in northern Syria as soon as possible, Ankara’s foreign minister was quoted as saying on Tuesday, signaling renewed intent to launch a military campaign delayed by the U.S. withdrawal.
Turkey said this month it would launch a new military operation to sweep the YPG Kurdish militia from northern Syria, but put that on hold after the United States said it would pull its troops out.
Ankara regards the YPG as terrorists and has been infuriated by U.S. support for the group in the fight against Islamic State. President Donald Trump’s abrupt decision to pull troops out of Syria has handed the fight against Islamic State over to Turkey – and effectively given Ankara the green light to push into remaining Kurdish-controlled areas in northern Syria.
Mevlut Cavusoglu told reporters at a briefing for domestic media that Turkey aimed to cross to the east of the Euphrates as soon as possible, the Hurriyet newspaper said, without giving further details.
- MUST SEE: IRANIANS CHEER IN JUBILATION AFTER NEWS OF EVIL AYATOLLAH’S DEATH IS REPORTED ON AIRWAVES
- (Gateway Pundit) – Grand Ayatollah Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi died on Monday at age 70, in Tehran’s Khatam al-Anbiya hospital.
Above: Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi – (Video)
- According to ISICRC – Shahroudi was responsible for at least 2,000 deaths according to human rights groups. As head of the Khomeiniist Regime’s judiciary between 1999 and 2009, Shahroudi’s notorious human rights violations and intense repression. The de facto murder of Iranian-Canadian journalist Zahra Kazemi in 2003 and the imprisonment and torture of esteemed journalist/intellectual Siamak Pourzand were among the many horrific cases of torture and executions that occurred under Shahroudi’s watch.
- POLL SHOWS ISRAEL’S NETANYAHU CRUISING TOWARD RE-ELECTION
- December 25, 2018 – Notwithstanding a series of corruption investigations against the prime minister, a poll shows Netanyahu in a comfortable lead ahead of the newly announced April election.
- By Aron Heller, Associated Press – A public opinion poll published Tuesday, the first following the announcement of snap elections in Israel, predicts Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will cruise toward an easy re-election in April.
- The Panels Politics poll in the Maariv daily showed Netanyahu’s ruling Likud party securing 30 seats in the 120-seat parliament and a majority for his current right-wing, nationalist bloc. Coming in second at 13 seats was the still hypothetical party headed by former military chief Benny Gantz, who has yet to declare whether he is even running. The established left and center parties lagged far behind.
The survey polled 500 Israelis and had a margin of error of 4.3 percentage points.
- IS MAHMOUD ABBAS TRYING TO REACH OUT TO DONALD TRUMP IN HIS CHRISTMAS MESSAGE?
“We are not the enemies of anyone; we are not the enemies of America. We want America’s friendship and good relations with it, but it should treat us justly,” Abbas said.
BY KHALED ABU TOAMEH DECEMBER 25, 2018 – Jerusalem Post – Israel News
- Image: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas extends his hand to US President Donald Trump at the Presidential Palace in the West Bank city of Bethlehem May 23, 2017.. (photo credit: REUTERS)
- The Palestinian Authority leadership’s position toward the US administration has not changed, a PA official in Ramallah said on Tuesday. His statement came after President Mahmoud Abbas’s remarks during Christmas Eve Mass in Bethlehem sparked a wave of speculation about a possible change in the authority’s position toward US President Donald Trump and his administration.
The PA leadership has been boycotting the administration since December 2017, when Trump announced his decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. That announcement, together with the subsequent decisions to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv and cut financial aid to the PA and the UN Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), have drawn strong condemnations from Abbas and many of his senior officials.
- Abbas and the PA have since hardly missed an opportunity to lash out at Trump and his senior representatives, especially US Ambassador David Friedman and presidential advisers Jason Greenblatt and Jared Kushner. Cont’d:
- ISRAEL’S KNESSET OFFICIALLY DISSOLVES, USHRING APRIL 9 ELECTIONS
- By BREITBART JERUSALEM – 27 Dec 2018152 – Video – LISTEN TO STORY
- The Times of Israel reports: Three-and-a-half years after its first sitting following the 2015 elections, the 20th Knesset came to end on Wednesday as lawmakers voted to dissolve parliament and set new elections for April 9.
- A day after government ministers approved pushing ahead with the move, the Knesset was host to a frantic series of committee debates and votes on the bill to dissolve parliament and officially start the campaign for the 2019 election. After a six-hour debate on its first readings and two heated committee meetings to finalize the bill, MKs voted 102-2 in favor of the final reading, officially ending the regular work of the Knesset for the next three months. Cont’d: https://www.breitbart.com/middle-east/2018/12/27/israels-knesset-officially-dissolves-ushering-april-9-elections/
ABBAS READY TO ENTER MIDDLE EAST PEACE PROCESS
Terry Malone – Dec 27, 2018
- SATELLITE IMAGES REVEAL IRANIAN FACILITY DESTROYED IN SYRIA STRIKE
- December 27, 2018 – War, Worthy News
Breaking Israel News Syria
- (Worthy News) – An intelligence report issued by the satellite imaging company ImageSat International (ISI) on Thursday revealed the aftermath of the recent airstrikes in Syria, largely attributed to Israel.
- According to reports, the target of the airstrikes was an Iranian weapons depot near Damascus. The satellite images unveiled Thursday showed extensive damage to the targeted site. A caption on the satellite imagery indicates that the site was “completely destroyed.”
- London-based war monitor Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Wednesday that three weapons facilities, belonging to Iran and Hezbollah, had been targeted outside Damascus overnight between Tuesday and Wednesday. [ Source: Israel Hayom] Cont’d:
- UNITED ARAB EMIRATES REOPENS ITS EMBASSY IN DAMASCUS, ANOTHER SIGN THAT ASSAD HAS WON SYRIA’S CIVIL WAR
- By Nabih Bulos – Dec 27, 2018 – Beirut
- The United Arab Emirates reopened its embassy in Damascus, Syria, on Thursday, marking the first official acknowledgment by regional adversaries of Syrian President Bashar Assad that he has won the almost eight-year civil war to dislodge him. The embassy was shuttered in February 2012, almost a year into a crisis that began with “Arab Spring”-inspired protests against Assad’s rule and metastasized into a sectarian conflict that killed hundreds of thousands, made millions of others refugees and laid waste to vast areas of the country.
- 4 MILLION VISITORS: ISRAEL BREAKS TOURISM RECORDS IN 2018 !
- Dec 28, 2018
This was the best year ever for incoming tourism to Israel, with four million people entering
- the country, injecting NIS 24 billion into the economy.
- By: TPS – Israel’s Ministry of Tourism is ending the year on a high note. In a press release on Wednesday, the ministry announced that tourism for 2018 shattered previous records with four million visitors entering Israel.
- The figures were an increase of approximately 13% on the previous year and 38% on the year before that. “This historical record, of more than 4 million tourists in a year, is the realization of a decades-old dream of all those involved in the Israel tourism industry. Within two years, we have grown incoming tourism by 1.1 million, an increase of 38%, which is rare, even in international terms,” said Tourism Minister Yariv Levin.
“This is the result of a significant revolution in marketing Israel which I have led that includes a shift in marketing strategy, the opening of dozens of new routes with the support of the Tourism Ministry and creating unprecedented collaborations with the largest travel agents in the world. Today tourism makes a huge contribution to Israel’s economy and employment and the many tourists who come here serve as ambassadors of goodwill.”
- According to Euromonitor International’s annual Top 100 City Destinations, Jerusalem was the fastest growing tourist destination in the world in 2018 and was also named among its four “cities to watch” along with Osaka, Porto, and Mumbai. Cont’d:
- HAND IN HAND
- By JOL Staff – December 28, 2018
- Russian President Vladimir Putin, left, and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani pose for a photo during their meeting in Qingdao, China, Saturday, June 9, 2018. A Russian delegation has arrived in Iran to attend the second meeting of the Russian-Iranian working group implementing the intergovernmental agreement on military cooperation. “The talks touched upon a wide range of aspects of Russia’s military cooperation with Iran, including interaction between different forces. Particular attention was drawn to navy cooperation,” said in a statement by the Iranian Defense Ministry. Apart from that, Russia thanked Tehran for active participation in the 2018 International Army Games and invited Iranian service members to take part in the 2019 Games. “During the visit, Vice Admiral Igor Osipov held several meetings with the military leadership of the Islamic Republic of Iran, exchanging views on regional and global security, the current situation and prospects for bilateral cooperation in the military sector,” the defense
- ministry said. https://www.jerusalemonline.com/hand-in-hand/
- BIBI’S FORMIDABLE CHALLENGER
- By JOL Staff – December 28, 2018 – Benny Gantz, a former Israeli armed forces chief who according to recent polls is the runner-up to current Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, formally established a political party on Thursday to join the 2019 election race. Details about Benny Gantz’s Israel Resilience Party were leaked to local media after it was registered. The party seeks to preserve Israel as “a Jewish and democratic country”, however, it is yet to announce details about its priorities in national security and the economy.
- The polls, published Monday after Netanyahu’s announcement of early elections which are to be held on April 9, showed that his Likud party would take around 30 of parliament’s 120 seats and was on course to form a conservative coalition government similar to the current cabinet.
- However, the same polls, cited by Reuters, gave second place to a then-hypothetical Gantz party, predicting it to take 15 seats in total. “It’s too early to tell, but he definitely strengthens the centre-left camp,” said Mina Tzemach, a leading Israeli pollster, cited by the Miami Herald. “He projects security and integrity. And the fact that he looks good doesn’t hurt either.”
- Cont’d: https://www.jerusalemonline.com/bibis-formidable-challenger/
- MAN ARRESTED OUTSIDE NETANYAHU’S HOME, THREATENING TO ‘KILL’ THE PM
- 2018-12-29 – Sappers go to premier’s house in Caesarea after suspect claims he is carrying explosives; PM and family are not homeA man was arrested outside Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s private residence Friday after saying he wanted to “kill” the prime minister and was carrying explosives.
- Police said they received reports that a suspicious man was walking around outside Netanyahu’s home in Caesarea and asking neighbors what his address was. He was detained by a security guard outside the house after saying he would “harm” Netanyahu and was carrying “booby-trapped bags.”
- “I’m going to kill Bibi,” he was quoted screaming by Hadashot TV news, referring to Netanyahu by his nickname. None of the Netanyahu family were home at the time, with the prime minister, his wife Sara and eldest son Yair in Brazil for the inauguration of president-elect Jair Bolsonaro. Hadashot said the premier’s younger son Avner is also overseas.
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (R) and his wife Sara take part in a welcoming ceremony upon their arrival in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, on December 28, 2018. Third-to-left is Brazilian MP Eduardo Bolsonaro, the son of President-elect Jair Bolsonaro. (Avi Ohayon/GPO)
The suspect was brought to a police station in Hadera for questioning and sappers were called in to inspect his belongings. “It is the intention of police to soon bring him to court in order to extend his remand and request a professional (psychiatric) examination as needed,” a police spokesperson said in a statement. There was no immediate word on the suspect’s identity. Contd: