- NETANYAHU: THE BIBLE IS THE ‘FOUNDATION FOR ISRAEL’S ETERNITY’
- TV7 Israel News – January 29, 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPjXDSeRdgQ
US: THE FACT THAT WE’RE PRO-ISRAEL DOESN’T MEAN WE CAN’T MEDIATE PEACE
- As White House readies its peace proposal, senior official dismisses the need for equivalency as a ‘vestige of talking points from decades ago’
By Raphael Ahren – 5 February 2019 – Image: US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu shake hands after speaking at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem on May 23, 2017. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
- The White House views its role in the Israeli-Palestinian peace process as that of a facilitator, a senior US official said this week, rejecting the notion that some sort of “equivalency” between the two sides was required to successfully mediate a final-status peace deal.
- Rather, the administration is proudly supportive of Israel and does not feel the need to try to counterbalance any pro-Israel statement with some carrots for the Palestinians, or to add a line about Palestinian grievances every time it laments Israeli victims of terror attacks, according to the senior official. “The US is a strong ally of Israel. The administration, from the president on down, is not embarrassed to defend Israel where Israel needs to be defended, whether it’s on the Gaza border, on the Hezbollah tunnels, the Syrian border, wherever it is,” the senior official told The Times of Israel, speaking on condition of anonymity. Cont’d:
RABBI YECHIEL ECKSTEIN, IFCJ PRESIDENT, DEAD AT 67
- By Staff Writer – February 6, 2019 – Image: Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein. (Credit: Wikimedia Commons/The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews) –
- The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18 (The Israel Bible™) News rocked Jerusalem this afternoon that Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, founder and president of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews (The Fellowship) died, after suffering a massive heart attack.
- Rabbi Eckstein was just 67 years old.
- “I am shocked and devastated by the sudden loss of my friend and mentor Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein and express my deepest condolences to his wife, Joelle, and daughters Yael, Talia and Tamar,” said Rabbi Tuly Weisz, director of Israel365 and publisher of Breaking Israel News.
- “Yechiel, as he liked to be called, courageously forged relationships with Christians on behalf of Israel and the Jewish people at a time when no one in the Orthodox community was willing to do so. “He was personally responsible for not only the hundreds of millions of dollars he raised for important charity work in Israel, but more importantly, for nurturing hundreds of millions of Christian friends for the Jewish people. It is because of Yechiel that today so many Christians from around the world stand in fellowship with Israel and whom now bow their heads in sadness as we, Jews and Christians together, mourn the tragic loss of a true bridge builder.”
- NETANYAHU AND PUTIN TO MEET IN MOSCOW ON IRANIAN THREAT
- By JNS February 6, 2019
- “Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet? Amos 3:3 (The Israel Bible™) Image: Netanyahu meets with Putin in Moscow, January 29, 2018. (YouTube)
- Despite tensions between their home countries, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin on February 21 in Moscow, where the two are expected to discuss the Iranian threat.
- “It’s very important that we continue to prevent Iran from entrenching in Syria,” said Netanyahu. “In many ways, we’ve blocked that advance and we’re committed to continue blocking it, preventing Iran from creating another war front against us right here opposite the Golan Heights. This is the main subject I will be discussing with President Putin.”
- Relations between Moscow and Jerusalem hit a snag last September when the former blamed the latter for downing a Russian plane in Syria during an Israeli airstrike that targeted a Syrian weapons facility near the city of Latakia, which Israeli officials say was being used as a weapons clearinghouse for Hezbollah and Iran. Cont’d:
- RUSSIA: A FRIEND OF ISRAEL OR PROPHETIC ENEMY FROM THE NORTH?
- By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz January 30, 2019
- “And you will come from your home in the farthest north, you and many peoples with you—all of them mounted on horses, a vast horde, a mighty army.” Ezekiel 38:15 (The Israel Bible™)
- Russian President Vladimir Putin (R) and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu meeting in the Kremlin in Moscow. (Photo: Kobi Gideon/GPO/FLASH90)
- In the wake of Israeli airstrikes targeting Iranian military sites in Syria, Russia released what seemed to be conflicting statements; decrying “arbitrary Israeli airstrikes” on one hand while at the same time claiming they were deeply concerned about “ensuring a very strong security of the State of Israel.” With a major military presence in Syria, it is essential to understand Russia’s intentions for the region.
- Russia’s role takes on apocalyptic implications when considering verses that identify the pre-Messiah War of Gog and Magog which, according to the prophet Ezekiel, will be a war against Israel fought by a multi-nation coalition led by a nation from the north.
- Therefore prophesy, O mortal, and say to Gog: Thus said Hashem: Surely, on that day, when My people Yisrael are living secure, you will take note, and you will come from your home in the farthest north, you and many peoples with you—all of them mounted on horses, a vast horde, a mighty army. Ezekiel 38: 14-15
- HEZBOLLAH LEADER CALLS FOR IRAN TO ARM LEBANON FOR CONFRONTATION WITH ISRAEL
- Nasrallah proposes importing military hardware from Islamic republic, pledges to support Tehran if US declares war
- By TOI staff – 6 February 2019 – Abbas pledges to continue security cooperation with Israel. PA leader tells Israeli activists in Ramallah his West Bank government has a ‘joint agreement to fight terror’ with Israel and ‘will not violate it’
- PA ‘ENCOURAGED’ BY GANTZ REMARKS ON POSSIBLE WEST BANK PULLBACK Feb 6, 2019 – The spokesman for Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas spokesman welcomes remarks made by Netanyahu rival Benny Gantz, who raised the possibility of an Israeli pullback from the West Bank.
- “It is encouraging if he succeeds and he sticks to this opinion,” Nabil Abu Rudeinah tells journalists in Ramallah.
- But he says they needed more details about Gantz’s policies.
- “We don’t know him yet, we heard about him. As President Abbas keeps saying all that we need is an Israeli government that believes in peace.”
- Earlier, Gantz told the Yedioth Ahronoth daily that Israel 2005 withdrawal from the Gaza Strip had been “approved by the Israeli government and implemented by the army and settlers in a painful but good way.
- “(One should) learn from it and apply it to other places,” the ex- IDF chief said.
ZARIF SAYS ISRAEL’S SYRIA STRIKES ON AGENDA FOR RUSSIA-TURKEY-IRAN SUMMIT
- February 6, 2019 – Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tells the Russia Today news outlet that Israeli strikes on Syria would be on the agenda at top level meetings with Russian officials next month. Zarif tells RT’s Arabic-language site the trilateral meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on February 14 will also review the withdrawal of US forces from Syria. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will travel to Russia a week later for talks with Putin on Iranian efforts to establish a military presence in Syria. Cont’d:
- ABBAS PLEDGES TO CONTINUE SECURITY COOPERATION WITH ISRAEL DESPITE US AID CUTS
- Feb 6, 2019 – Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is pledging to continue security coordination with Israel, despite recent US funding cuts to Palestinian security forces and years of impasse in the peace process. Abbas tells a gathering of Palestinian and Israeli activists on Wednesday that his government has counter-terrorism agreements with nearly 100 countries, including Israel. He says the West Bank government has a “joint agreement to fight terrorism” with Israel and “will not violate it” — because if it does, “nothing will remain.” He adds that he hopes that a party committed to peace would succeed in the upcoming Israeli elections. The US cut all aid to the Palestinian Authority, including $61 million in security assistance, when an anti-terrorism law took effect last week. The forces are considered crucial for Palestinian and Israeli safety. Cont’d:
US TO PURCHASE IRON DOME MISSILE DEFENSE SYSTEM FROM ISRAEL
- Feb 6, 2019 – The US army says it will buy the Iron Dome missile defense system from Israel to “fulfill its short terms needs,” according to a statement from the military.
- The statement says the aerial defense system in use by Israel since 2011 has “proven effective in combat” and will be deployed to protect American soldiers abroad.
- The army says it will procure a “limited number” of batteries to “fill its short-term needs for an Indirect Fire Protection Capability.”
PALESTINIANS SAY US-BACKED MIDEAST SUMMIT IS ‘FUTILE’
- Feb 6, 2019 – A senior Palestinian official says the Palestinians have not been invited to next week’s Mideast conference in Poland and have no desire to participate unless the US changes its policies. Nabil Abu Rdeneh, spokesman for PA President Mahmoud Abbas, says that current American policies will “only lead to futile results.”
- The US and Poland are sponsoring the Feb. 13-14 conference, which they say is aimed at promoting peace and security in the region. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu plans on attending. The Palestinians accuse the Trump administration of being unfairly biased in favor of Israel. They say they will reject a planned US peace initiative unless it endorses an independent Palestinian state in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, with East Jerusalem as its capital. — AP
ROUHANI SAYS IRAN READY TO ACCEPT FRIENDLY US TIES IF IT ‘REPENTS’ Feb 6, 2019 – Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says his country would be ready to establish “friendly relations” with the United States if it apologized for past wrongs. “Our slogan is friendly relations with the whole world,” he says.
- That would even include “America, if it repents… and apologizes for its previous interferences in Iran, and is prepared to accept the greatness and dignity of the nation of Iran and the great Islamic Revolution,” he said.
- “We are still ready to accept America’s… repentance despite the fact that for years it has done injustice to us,” he tells foreign diplomats in Tehran during a ceremony to mark the 40th anniversary of Iran’s Islamic Revolution.
- JOINT GANTZ-LAPID SLATE WOULD OVERTAKE NTANYAHU, OUST MERETZ, POLL SHOWS
- Potential merger is predicted 36 out of 120 Knesset seats, but Likud remains in the lead if Hosen L’Yisrael and Yesh Atid run separately
Haaretz – Feb 07, 2019 – Image: Meretz Chairwoman Tamar Zandberg on February 4, 2019. Credit: \ Ilan Assayag
A merger between Benny Gantz’s Hosen L’Yisrael and Yair Lapid’s Yesh Atid parties would take the lead in Israel’s general election with 36 out of 120 Knesset seats, according to a poll published Thursday by Channel 13 News. Such a union would overtake Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud, predicted to get 32 seats. The poll also predicted that in such a case, left-wing Meretz would not clear the electoral threshold and be left out of parliament. Cont’d:
- BBC IGNORES IMPORTANT DEVELOPOMENTS ON ETHIOPIAN JEWS IN ISRAEL
February 8, 2019 – image: Ethiopian Jews are greeted by family members as they arrive at Ben-Gurion International Airport near Tel Aviv, June 2017. Photo: Miriam Alster / Flash90.
BBC Ignores Important Developments on Ethiopian Jews in Israel
Hadar Sela Nearly five years ago, a filmed report titled “Ethiopia’s Jewish community divided“ was broadcast on BBC World News television and promoted on the Middle East and Africa pages of the BBC News website:
As Jewish people around the world marked the festival of Passover, thousands of Jews living in northern Ethiopia, did not have much to celebrate.
Many have been left disappointed by an Israeli government decision to end a 30-year-old programme that saw tens thousands of Ethiopian Jews airlifted to the Holy Land.
And many families are grappling with being separated from their loved ones, as Focus on Africa’s Emmanuel Igunza found out in the north-western city of Gondar. Cont’d:
- ISRAELI PM “SHALOM MOON”? SELF WILL AND PRIDE! HOOKED AND BOUND BY THE SERPENT!
- Many Fish – Feb 9, 2019 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujPZGGvay4s
- SAUDI PRINCE TURKI
- TO ISRAELI TV: NETANYAHU DECEIVING ISRAEL ABOUT PEACE CHANCES
- Veteran diplomat, in unprecedented interview, says Riyadh wants to ‘get our point across directly’ to Israelis: Solve the Palestinian issue and then ‘we can go far’
By TOI staff – February 13, 2019 Image: Saudi Prince Turki bin Faisal Al Saud with Channel 13’s Barak Ravid, February 2019 (Twitter screenshot)
In an unprecedented interview with an Israeli TV station broadcast Wednesday, the former Saudi intelligence chief and ex-ambassador to the US and UK accused Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of deceiving the Israeli public by claiming that Israeli ties with the wider Arab world can be warmed without the Palestinian issue being solved.
“Israeli public opinion should not be deceived into believing that the Palestinian issue is a dead issue,” Prince Turki bin Faisal Al Saud told Israel’s Channel 13 news in a lengthy interview in London. “From the Israeli point of view, Mr. Netanyahu would like us to have a relationship, and then we can fix the Palestinian issue. From the Saudi point of view, it’s the other way around.” Cont’d:
- NETANYAHU REJECTED SECRET SAUDI PEACE PLAN AFTER 2014 GAZA WAR
- By TOI staff – Officials say Israeli PM showed no flexibility regarding proposal, which would have seen joint Riyadh-Jerusalem effort against Iran and Saudi assistance in rehabilitating Strip Netanyahu rejected secret Saudi peace plan after 2014 Gaza war — report Officials say Israeli PM showed no flexibility regarding proposal, which would have seen joint Riyadh-Jerusalem effort against Iran and Saudi assistance in rehabilitating Strip
By TOI staff – 13 February 2019,
Image: US President Barack Obama meets with Saudi King Abdullah at Rawdat Khuraim, Saudi Arabia, Friday, March 28, 2014. (photo credit: AP/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rejected a secret proposal from Saudi Arabia to broker an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal at the end of the 2014 Gaza war, according to a report Tuesday.
The rejection led to a deep rift between Jerusalem and Riyadh that lasted until the death of King Abdullah in 2015, according to the report carried by Israel’s Channel 13 news.
The report came as Saudi King Salman met with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and pledged support for the Palestinian cause.
- THE WORLD IN 2019 …PROPHETIC EVENTS
The Watchman – Feb 17, 2019 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvd-Jl21kI
|GROUP OF KUWAITI BUSINESSMEN SAID TO VISIT ISRAEL WITH APPROVAL BY PM’s OFFICE|
TV report says Kuwaitis toured religious and cultural sites last week, in new sign of warming ties between Israel and Muslim world
By TOI staff – 8 February 2019 – TV report says Kuwaitis toured religious and cultural sites last week, in new sign of warming ties between Israel and Muslim world.
Illustrative: A picture of Kuwait’s ruling emir, Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah, is displayed with surrounding Kuwaiti flags in Kuwait City, on February 14, 2018. (AP Photo/Jon Gambrell) A group of Kuwaiti businessmen visited Israel last week in a trip approved by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office, in another sign of warming ties between Israel and Gulf states, Israeli television reported Thursday. According to the Kan public broadcaster, the group spent a few days in Israel and toured mostly religious, educational and cultural sites, including the Mahmood Mosque in Haifa, the University of Haifa and the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem’s Old City. The group arrived in a private capacity in order to learn about Israel from up close, according to the broadcaster, and received special permission to enter the country from the Prime Minister’s Office.
US-BACKED FIGHTERS CLOSE IN ON IS-HELD VILLAGE IN SYRIA
Associated Press – BEIRUT – A spokesman for U.S.-backed Syrian forces says they have captured 41 positions held by Islamic State group militants and destroyed their fortifications in the last tiny pocket they hold in eastern Syria. Mustafa Bali, spokesman for the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, says advances were made overnight and on Sunday. The SDF launched a final push to clear the area from IS militants Saturday night after 20,000 civilians were evacuated from the area in the eastern province of Deir-el-Zour. Bali said heavy fighting was going on inside the village of Baghouz on Sunday. He did not say how long they expect the battle to last. Cont’d:
PM WARNS IRAN: ATTACK ISRAEL AND ‘IT WILL BE THE LAST ANNIVERSAARY YOU CELEBRATE
After IRGC commander threatens to raze Tel Aviv and Haifa if US strikes and pledges support for Hezbollah, Netanyahu tells it not to make ‘terrible mistake’
By TOI staff and Agencies
11 February 2019 – Image: Iranians walk past a missile during a rally marking the 40th anniversary of the 1979 Islamic Revolution, in Tehran, Iran, Monday, Feb. 11, 2019. (AP/Ebrahim Noroozi) Cont’d:
- RUSSIA WARNS TRUMP PEACE PLAN WILL UNDO ALL ISRAELI-PALESTINIAN PROGRESS SO FAR
FM Lavrov says Moscow ‘worried’ by ‘dangerous’ US approach, adds ‘deal of the century’ doesn’t include independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as capital
By TOI staff – 12 February 2019 – Image: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov meets with representatives of Palestinian groups and movements, who are in Moscow for intra-Palestinian talks, on February 12, 2019. (Photo by Kirill KUDRYAVTSEV / AFP)
Russia on Tuesday offered strong criticism of the Israeli-Palestinian peace plan proposed by US President Donald Trump’s administration, saying it would destroy all progress made so far in negotiations between both sides.
“For more than 2 years US colleagues have been promising to offer a ‘deal of the century,’” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told visiting Palestinian officials, according to a translation by the Russian embassy in Israel published in a series of tweets. “However, the available information makes it possible to evaluate this future ‘deal’ as destroying everything that has been done so far.” Cont’d:
JARED KUSHNER HAS PEACE PLAN (PASSOVER 2019)
Sling and Stone – Feb 17, 2019
PALESTINIANS SAY ISRAEL ‘PLAYING WITH FIRE’ BY CLOSING TEMPLE MOUNT GATE
The Jerusalem Police detained five east Jerusalem Arabs who tried to enter the premises of the Golden Gate, which has been closed by a court order.
BY KHALED ABU TOAMEH FEBRUARY 19, 2019 – Image: A general view of Jerusalem’s old city shows the Dome of the Rock in the compound known to Muslims as Noble Sanctuary and to Jews as Temple Mount, October 25, 2015. (photo credit: AMIR COHEN/REUTERS)
The Palestinian Authority on Monday warned that Israel was “playing with fire” after clashes erupted at the Temple Mount in Jerusalem over the closure of the Golden Gate site – also known as the Gate of Mercy – to Muslim worshipers. The PA also accused Israel of “waging war on Islam” and called on the intervention of the international community.
The Jerusalem Police detained five east Jerusalem Arabs who tried to enter the premises of the Golden Gate, which has been closed by a court order. Palestinians claim that Israel is planning to turn the area into a prayer site for Jews. The site, which once housed the offices of the Islamic Heritage Committee, was closed by the Jerusalem Police in 2003 after it was revealed that the committee was involved in political activities. In 2017, a court issued an order to keep the site closed until further notice. Cont’d:
THE PROPHETIC IMPACT OF A U.S. WITHDRAWAL FROM SYRIA
By Britt Gillette/End Times Bible Prophecy – February 19, 2019
Back in December, President Trump said the United States will soon withdraw military forces from Syria. In a video tweet, he announced American military personnel are “all coming back, and they’re coming back now.” He never provided a timeline for withdrawal. However, Department of Defense officials claimed the withdrawal would take 30 days. A week later, President Trump changed the timeline from 30 days to 4 months. And since then, John Bolton, President Trump’s national security advisor said certain conditions could leave American troops in Syria for months or years to come. Nevertheless, the U.S. withdrew some equipment in mid-January. So which one is it? Will they stay or will they go? As of now, it’s unclear when or if American forces will completely withdraw. But if they do, the implications will be significant. A U.S. withdrawal will create clear winners and losers. The Winners Cont’d:
NETANYAHU PUTS OFF MEETING WITH PUTIN AS HE PUSHES FOR RIGHT-WING UNITY DEAL
PM delays visit to Russia while scheduling talks with Jewish Home party leaders to ensure alliance with nationalist Otzma Yehudit
By TOI staff – February 20, 2019 – Image: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, left, meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, July 11, 2018. (Israel Foreign Ministry)
A meeting between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin was postponed Wednesday while Netanyahu makes last-minute efforts to ensure minor right-wing parties come together ahead of national elections.
A government source said Israel and Russia both agreed that the meeting scheduled for Thursday would be put off by a few days. The two leaders would speak Thursday by phone and schedule another meeting as soon as possible, the source said. Kremlin official Yuri Ushakov told Russian state news agency Ria Novosti that the meeting was postponed due to Israeli internal political reasons. Cont’d:
GANTZ, LAPID AT JOINT PARTY LAUNCH: ‘TODAY WE ARE CHANGING THE FACE OF ISRAEL’’
Vowing to replace ‘divisive’ PM at first event of Blue and White alliance, ex-army chief reveals his mother, Yesh Atid chief’s father lived in same apartment building in Budapest
By TOI staff – Image: Benny Gantz and Yair Lapid of the Blue and White party give a joint a statement in Tel Aviv on February 21, 2019 (Noam Revkin Fenton/Flash90)
Israel Resilience leader Benny Gantz and Yesh Atid chief Yair Lapid appeared for the first time together Thursday evening to unveil their new joint Blue and White alliance, vowing to replace the ruling Likud after the April 9 elections. “Today we are changing the face of Israel,” Gantz said in a speech carried live on national television. “In the past decade something has gone wrong,” he said. “Israel has lost its way. The government has incited division [in Israeli society], it’s a government that divides and rules. We’re here to say, ‘enough.’ Instead of division, we want unity. Instead of extremism, we want dignity. Instead of fraction, we propose national reconciliation.” Lapid said: “We are creating a ruling party. The Israeli public will go to the polls on the 9th of April to choose what kind of country they want, what sort of country their children will live in: a country of investigations, corruption and incitement or a country of hope, resilience and a promise for the future. Netanyahu chose [racist rabbi Meir] Kahane’s people as his partners. We choose each other, and more than that, we choose the citizens of Israel.” Cont’d:
NIKKI HALEY LAUNCHES ADVOCACY GROUP, CONTINUES STAUNCH SUPPORT FOR ISRAEL
February 27, 2019 Image: Former US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley (AP/Sean Rayford)
Known for defending Israel vigorously at the U.N., former Ambassador Nikki Haley launched a policy advocacy group that appears to support President Donald Trump’s agenda.
By Joseph Wolkin, World Israel News – Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley is still involved in politics, albeit in a different way. Haley, 47, who resigned from her post at the conclusion of 2018, on Monday launched Stand for America, an advocacy organization geared to “public policies that strengthen America’s economy, culture and national security.”
One of the group’s goals is to combat socialism, which has been gaining popularity in the Democratic party, promoted by Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont and New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. The organization aims to make an impact not only in the U.S., but worldwide. Cont’d:
INDICTMENT ANNOUNCEMENT WOULD BE AN ELECTION GAME CHANGER, NEW TOI POLL SHOWS
- On eve of attorney general’s decision, survey shows Netanyahu at risk of losing both sizable support and, crucially, the ability to form a coalition
By Raoul Wootliff – Feb 27, 2019 – Image: Benny Gantz, left, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, right. (Gili Yaari, Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
A decision by the attorney general to press charges, pending a hearing, in the criminal investigations against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu could have a game-changing impact on the April 9 elections, a new Times of Israel poll shows. The ruling Likud party would lose both a significant chunk of support, as well as its ability to form a coalition after the vote, the survey, published overnight Wednesday-Thursday, finds. Cont’d:
AG SAID GEARING UP TO RECOMMEND INDICTMENT FOR PM ON THURSDAY
February 27, 2019 Image: Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit will recommend tomorrow that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu be indicted pending a heading in the ongoing corruption investigations against him, Army Radio reports.
Mandelblit will recommend that Netanyahu be charged with bribery in Case 4000, in which the premier is suspected of advancing regulatory decisions that benefited Shaul Elovitch, the controlling shareholder in Bezeq, the country’s largest telecommunications firm, in exchange for positive coverage from Elovitch’s Walla news site. Mandeblit will also recommend Netanyahu be charged with breach of trust in Case 1000, in which the prime minister is suspected of receiving benefits worth about NIS 1 million ($282,000) from billionaire benefactors in exchange for favors. Cont’d:
ISRAEL YIELDS TEMPLE MOUNT MERCY GATE
By Yoni Ben Menachem – February 27, 2019 – PA and Fatah representatives were surprised by the new Jordanian initiative but are cooperating with it fully. The Jordanian initiative was first presented at a meeting of the new Waqf Islamic Council on February 14, 2019, which was held on the Temple Mount.
The meeting was attended by senior representatives of the Jordanian Ministry of Endowments, who came especially to the Temple Mount and even took a guided tour of the Gate of Mercy compound.
Why did King Abdullah II of Jordan decide to lead the current effort to take control of the Gate of Mercy compound?
Senior Fatah sources give two explanations:
1.A demonstration of Jordanian power before the public release of President Trump’s “Deal of the Century.” Jordan has a special status on the Temple Mount. Abdullah’s great-grandfather, Abdullah I, was assassinated there. According to the peace agreement between Jordan’s King Hussein and Israel in 1994, Jordan is the guardian of the Islamic holy sites in Jerusalem. King Abdullah of Jordan is afraid he might lose this status as a result of Trump’s deal. Therefore, the effort to take control of the Temple Mount is a message to the U.S. president and the Israeli government showing that Jordan will not agree to any harm being done to its status on the Temple Mount.
2.Jordan fears that Israel will take it by surprise and establish a synagogue near the Gate of Mercy as the publication of the Trump Deal draws closer to create facts on the ground. Jordan and the Palestinians seek to limit the Jewish presence on the Temple Mount. Senior Fatah figures reported in recent months that there had been an increase in the activities of “settlers” going up to the Temple Mount daily. The focus on the visits of Israelis to the Temple Mount and the photographs they have taken at the site have increased Jordanian concerns. Cont’d: https://www.jerusalemonline.com/israel-yields-temple-mount-mercy-gate/
IRANIAN PRESIDENT ROUHANI REJECTS RESIGNATION OF ALLY ZARIF
An ally of Zarif said his resignation was motivated by criticism of the nuclear accord, under increasingly intense fire in Iran since the United States abandoned it last year.
Jerusalem Post Middle East – BY REUTERS – TOVAH LAZAROFF – FEBRUARY 27, 2019 – Image: ranian President Hassan Rouhani (R) and Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif attend a meeting with Muslim leaders and scholars in Hyderabad, India, February 15, 2018. (photo credit: DANISH SIDDIQUI/ REUTERS)
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani held back from accepting the resignation of his foreign minister on Tuesday, standing by a moderate ally long targeted by hardliners in internal factional struggles over a 2015 nuclear deal with the West. The minister, Mohammed Javad Zarif – a US-educated veteran diplomat who helped craft the pact that curbed Iran’s nuclear program in return for sanctions relief – gave no reason for his decision to quit when he announced it on Instagram on Monday. […] Despite announcing his resignation, Zarif had not officially tendered it to Rouhani by Tuesday afternoon and the president had not accepted it. Cont’d:
- MYSTERY SURROUNDS MOHAMMAD JAVAD ZARIF’S ‘RESIGNATION’
According to a report, there are other diplomats who will resign if Zarif indeed leaves the foreign ministry.
BY SETH J. FRANTZMAN FEBRUARY 27, 2019 – Video – Image: Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. (photo credit: REUTERS/KHALID AL MOUSILY) A day after Mohammad Javad Zarif announced his resignation on Instagram, the foreign minister of Iran is receiving support from members of parliament amid calls for the president not to accept his decision. The resignation of Iran’s most famous diplomat and the man often seen as the foreign face of Tehran has plunged Iran’s highest levels of government and media into a momentary sense of bewilderment and lack of certainty. Cont’d: